The Network Voice Engineer help manage a complex, state of the art, fast-paced and highly active enterprise data and voice network. The Network Voice Engineer will manage and support the company's Cisco Unified Communications VoIP telephone system. Specific support emphasis will be on design, configuration, management, system upgrades and day-to-day operational support and maintenance. In addition, experience in monitoring and identifying issues in the voice infrastructure is required.
- Hands on experience with Cisco Call Manager (versions 11.5 or later) installation, design, configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
- Must be experienced with VoIP deployments on an enterprise scale and be able to lead troubleshooting efforts and make recommendations for VoIP network design.
- Experience in performing multiple processes/projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, resulting documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture meeting clearly stated requirements.
- Available as needed for escalation of support incidents and available for after-hours on-call support.
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding service delivery improvements.
- Identify and close any gaps in the existing documentation of the infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Full project lifecycle efforts (Planning, Preparation, Design, Implementation, Operation and Optimization.)
- Minimum 6 to 8 years relevant experience and CCNP /CCIE Collaboration equivalent certifications.
- Experience supporting large heterogeneous network infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of telephony dial plan design, implementation, and call control/routing protocols such as H.323, MGCP, SIP, SCCP, Q.SIG, CAS, ISDN PRI, FXO, FXS, and POTS.
- Experience with the following: Cisco Unified Communications VoIP telephone system which includes Call Manager, Unity Connection, Presence, Emergency Responder, Exchange, MS Lync, Jabber, Telepresence, Contact Center Express, CRS servers, TMS, VCS, SRST, ATA and third-party hardware and software integrations.
- Strong knowledge and experience in designing, deploying, and troubleshooting Digital/Analog voice gateways, media resources such as conferencing, transcoding, MTP, and MoH, and voice endpoints such as IP phones, and CIPC (softphones).
- Experience designing, configuration and implementing Call Manager on bare metal, Windows and VMWare.
- Zoom International call recording software
- Configure and maintain SRST, voice QoS, Voice Routing Protocols and Voice Gateways.
- Experience working under rigid security compliance requirements. HIPAA, NIST, NERC, Government, healthcare, PHI, PPI, network security and auditing, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience working with global and local telco carrier service providers. Experience dealing with remote/field site outages, testing, troubleshooting and coordination of service restoration with remote-hands and or 3rd party resources.
- Strong team player. Capable of working together with team-members to come up with solutions to meet complex design challenges or random network issues.
- Adequate project, documentation and organizational skills, and ability to manage time and complex tasks.
- Experience with Cisco Unity Connection and Office 365 integration.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Border Elements and integrating them with carrier SIP trunks
- Experience implementing and maintaining call recording software
- Strong understand of Cisco Finesse call centers as well as the associated reporting tools. This includes creating custom UCCX scripts and Finesse dashboards, as well as the CUIC reporting tool.
- Experience with Mobile Remote Access for Jabber and IP phones. Strong understanding of both Cisco VCS-C and VCS-E.
- Hands-on Administration experience of LAN, WAN, VoIP and routing technologies such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPN (GRE & L2L), QoS, HSRP, GLBP and IP-SLA. In-depth understanding and experience dealing with a variety of Cisco hardware and IOS (12 & 15) is highly desired.
- Upgrading and migrating from older CallManager to version 9 or later.
- With 79xx, 89xx, 88xx and 99xx Cisco IP Phones.
- Monitoring and network management systems.