• Perform data modeling, database design, master data management, and data profiling in a large-scale OLTP and OLAP database environments
• Identify strategies to meet application availability, scalability and performance requirements and areas of opportunity for optimizing the Oracle, MSSQL and Vertica environment
• Conduct performance trending and backups across multiple Database instances and create new accounts as required
• Manage patch deployments and upgrades following best practices and provide capacity planning expertise using Oracle's OEM Cloud Control
• Provide administration of development database environments including UAT, Processing, Development and QA based Oracle RAC database
• Perform security implementation in both OS and Database level of production servers ensuring several standard policies and compliances (HIPAA, SOX, PHI)
• Support the business to provide logistic support to Analytics, Production Engineers, Project Managers and Developers
• Working with a distributed team of IT and DBA resources to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Vertica database platforms are highly available, optimally configured and efficiently managed
• Maintain Production servers and minimize downtime and tuning performance of database instances
• Perform short- and long-term system/database planning and analysis including capacity planning, storage performance, system performance and database performance using RMAN backup and recovery, Oracle 12C and RAC production environments.
• Daily use of SQL, PL/SQL,T-SQL performance tuning of Oracle, MS SQL & Vertica Database software installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance activities
• High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent degree in CS, IT, software or computer engineering, CIS, or any related field of study
• 3 + years of experience AS DATABASE Administrator IN Oracle/MSSQL/Vertica
MUST HAVE SKILLS
• Implementing and maintaining large scale OLTP and OLAP systems in mission critical environments
• Information security standards including database system hardening, identity management and database access controls
• HIPAA regulations and PCI standards within the U.S. healthcare data management industry
• OLTP and OLAP systems including, but not limited to, Oracle 10g/11g/12c, ASM, Oracle RAC, Oracle Grid Control, Data Pump, Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Directory Services, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Cloud Control.
• MSSQL 2008 R2/2012/2014 Database administration including Always On Cluster
• Should have knowledge of Linux and Windows OS.
• Should have experience in PL/SQL in Oracle
• Knowledge of Shell, Perl, bash Scripting language
• Knowledge of and demonstrable capability in scripting, experience in writing Python/PowerShell or similar scripts
• Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible)
• Administer custom engineered Oracle EXADATA based Oracle Database software technologies
• Knowledge of AWS Cloud system.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Persuasive in both written and verbal communication
• US Healthcare experience would be added value