The Specialist, Service Desk is responsible for handling first line IT support for internal users and external customers. The primary focus of the Specialist, Service Desk is the rapid and accurate resolution of user issues via desk-side support, phone, email, and direct interaction with the end user community.
- Provides consistent, first-line support for end users seeking assistance with IT and Business service issues via phone, email and chat.
- Provide timely resolution for incidents or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate personnel, and provides incident status updates to management and end-users.
- Respond promptly and accurately to customer complaints, inquiries and requests for information and coordinate appropriate follow-up.
- Analyze complex technical issues and problems, diagnose problems, provide support to employees and support other technicians with issues.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve tickets in assigned queues.
- Create accurate ticket documentation for all user interactions.
- Available for escalation of routine support tasks.
- Deploy software and hardware.
- Create and update knowledgebase articles to ensure quality documentation exists for the support process. Mentoring and supporting other team members.
- Coordinate with other staff for the purpose of completing incidents and requests efficiently. Work independently to resolve customer issues with little or no supervision.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree with focus in Information Technology
- Following Certifications are desirable or good to have:
- ITIL V3 Foundations
- 3+ years of required experience in handling, organizing, tracking, and reporting on user support incidents and requests in addition to being able to manage high – stress support situations.
- Possession of organization skills, good verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to customer service are vital to this role
- Ability to document processes and procedures for a variety of audiences
- 2+ years of experience in working within an ITSM environment
- In-depth knowledge of desktop operating systems such as Windows 7 & Linux (Mac OS X a plus)
- Detailed knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware components
- Detailed knowledge of standard desktop software including Microsoft Office & Lync products
- Working knowledge of Remote Working / Mobile Computing
- Working knowledge of Networking (WAN & LAN) topology and protocols
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Knowledge of server hardware maintenance
- Scripting knowledge and experience would be an advantage
- Preferable Areas of Expertise include: Active Directory, Exchange, Terminal Server Environment, Call Manager User Administration, Mobile Device Management, Working knowledge in Service-Now (ITSM tool), VPN, RSA, SCCM, Citrix Xen Desktop, Smartphones and tablets.